This past week we had Morgan's 9 month well check with Dr. Hott where we got some good and not so good news.
First the stats
Weight: 14lbs, 9oz
Length: 26 inches
Length wise she's in the 20th percentile- on the non-preemie chart (the regular old baby charts). Great news!The problem is her weight is low. She's always held steady at the 10th percentile (on the preemie charts), and is now at the 5th percentile. Meaning, we gotta fatten that girl up (and, we're back to monthly doc visits to check weight progress). She definitely has her daddy's metabolism. So, my job is to create meals that are healthy but will pack on the pounds.
I've put together a baby friendly menu for the week with lots of healthy fats! I figure if I ate like this I would pack on the pounds so hoping it works the same for Miss M.
Breakfast:
Oatmeal (Bob's 7 grain) with sunflower seed butter, apples and cinnamon
Snacks:
Avocado
Sweet potato fries (made with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper)
Whole greek yogurt with mango and banana (this is given to her in very small quantities as it hardens the poo)
Lunches and dinners:
Spinach and mozarella smothered chicken breast with rice and roasted veggies
Rice and veggies with homemade coconut curry (coconut milk, curry and ginger)
Butternut squash soup (made with butter and olive oil)
Wow. You should plan my meals next. Those sound so yummy, I'm sure Miss M will eat lots and pack on the pounds!
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable! Those meals sound delicious! I am sure she will be packing on the pounds in no time.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to cook for me anytime! Hopefully this will do the trick!!
ReplyDelete